Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Continuing with the Greek Theme

Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.—Brillat-Savarin

This is my second entry for today. I finished my yoghurt entry earlier and went to a meeting at 5pm. When I arrived home, hungry again (what else?) at 6:30pm, I found this on the kitchen counter. Apparently the bf went hunting and gathering and came back with sustenance.

Excitedly, I looked into the package and found of all things, Greek food from Apollo. This Greek restaurant is located a few blocks from my apartment and serves pretty authentic fare, tried and tested by my Greek friend. The bf picked up 2 items: Apollo combination plate and grilled chicken souvlaki.

Apollo Combination Plate

Contains:

  • Baked potatoes-standard-lah, baked with oregano
  • Feta cheese-acquired taste. I used to hate it at first, now I love it. Chau gu-leng bee
  • Spanakopita-spinach fillo pastry pie
  • Gyro meat-mystery meat shaped into a long fat skewer and slow roasted on a spit. You hope it's beef
  • Pastitio-baked pasta casserole with bechamel sauce. Kinda like lasagna but softer with a hint of cinnamon
  • Dolmades-stuffed grapevine leaves with rice and meat. My Greek friend makes it with cabbage leaves and lemon-egg sauce. Yummy
  • Pita bread-self explanatory
  • Tzatziki sauce-yoghurt sauce with cucumber and garlic

Grilled Chicken Souvlaki


The bf stealing a piece of chicken

The answer to my earlier postcript; we are having Greek for dinner! Isn't it such a coincidence that we were on the same page...or rather country? The bf swears that he didn't read my earlier post before hunting down dinner.



No comments: