Thursday, April 19, 2007

Drugged and Drunk

I came home from work this morning at 4 am and saw the bottle of Nyquil that I had asked the bf to get for me sitting on the kitchen table. I picked it up and thought...hmmm.....I'll get some sleep tonight. I then took the recommended 30ml (had to read the label because it was my first time ever taking Nyquil, I usually let my body battle it out with the virus) and got ready for bed.

THEN.....my head started pounding, my face felt tingly and flushed. I shifted uncomfortably in bed and held my breath....yes, my heart was racing and I began to feel nauseated.....oh crap, what was in the damned Nyquil? I finally made my way back to the kitchen and read the label. Oh shit! Alcohol is listed as the first inactive ingredient...alamak!

I can't process alcohol......

Was passed out till 2 pm today

8 comments:

Tine said...

Ouch! Poor thing. Plenty of rest, girl, plenty of rest. Fluids too.

Get well soon, ya? *hugs*

Justin said...

Obviously this means that you need more practice...

TrueBluePenangite said...

Tine: Thanks, I had to work for the past 3 days but now I have 2 days to rest. I'll get plenty.

Justin: I will NEVER touch Nyquil again. I can see why teenagers drink this to get high. I'll practice with Guinness...hehe

The god-sister said...

NyQuil is SUPPOSED to knock you out. It's the medicine that makes you sleep so you can rest and get better!

Paris Beaverbanks said...

omigosh! I hope you are feeling better now. Take lots of hot soups :) btw I love Coach and I hate that its so expensive here boohoo... Shall I be thick skinned and ask when you are next coming back? hehe... You got a lovely bag btw :)

TrueBluePenangite said...

Paris: I'll be back for Christine's wedding ;) If you let me know reaaaally early we may be able to arrange something. Hehe

The god-sister: I was flaming drunk-la. Quite uncomfortable.

Serge Halimoncevich said...

Friend, you is more cautious with it! ;-)))

Misery said...

since when can't you process alcohol? didn't we used to go drinking together? True, it was yonks ago, but i remember downing shooters with you